long loop times

--- Kevin <kevin@minds-eye.org> wrote:

> On topic (sort of), as someone who has never had
> beyond 5 seconds of looping
> capacity, I sometimes wonder what I'd actually do
> with 64 seconds of loop time
> (but I'm willing to find out :-)

Kevin, one thing additional looping time allows is
greater variety, and less exact repetition.  I think
you will enjoy it.
I began with 1 second, to 8 seconds to 198 seconds.
When you combine additional memory with features like
the EDP's "multiply" and "undo" you get a very
powerful ability to change, evolve, construct,
destruct of a smaller looped segment of music over
time.  This creates variation, on and from a seed
loop, and if you plan it right, you can devole it back
to the original seed loop.

bret