RE: OT: distortion pedal advice

> Hi, stig!

        ** hey back at you.

> Looking for a real Ringmodulator I just tried the Moogerfooger and while
> it
> has ample possibilities for tweaking stuff I found the overall sound
> lacking grit and drive for guitar application, somehow a little tame.
>This
> amased me 'cause the RM I use in my Boss SE-70 hasn't got a lot of
> options,
> but it wails!
>
> So I guess the Lovetone is more right on for stringers? Has anybody got
> experience with an EH Frequenzy analyser (about to be reissued) - they
>are
> supposed to sound quite anachic...!

        ** in terms of the ring stinger . . . as mentioned previously, i
haven't had a real opportunity to delve deeply into it. anarchaic? possibly
(probably), it can do some pretty sick things. i haven't really been
looking
for anarchy - - yet. mostly clangorous sounds or sounds that have the notes
i'm playing with additional non-harmonic information. i want to have a
semblance of control over what's ahppening and the ring stinger's blend
control seems to give it to me. however you can twiddle the vco tuning
(carrier) knob and pretty much play the chaos that ensues from that . . .

        eh frequency analyzer? i played a friend's some 20 years ago and
found it to be something that was hard ofr me to control in terms of what
was really coming out - - in other words, the lack of a blend control was
not good for me. i guess that i'm just too conservative and want to hear
"real" notes!

        course the ring stinger is probably at least twice the cost . . .
(three times the functions?)