guitar synth effects

>>Out of curiosity (and as long as everyone is feeling
>>helpful), are there any rack units that do what the microsynth does for
>not
>>TOO much more?  It seems like a drag to have to twiddle all those little
>>sliders to switch between sounds....

>For $400 you can have a Boss GT-3 which does all the psycho analog guitar
>synth sounds plus a whole lot more.
>
>TH

I checked it out, and it seems that that would duplicate a lot of the
effects that are in the QV GT right now, and I'm not sure that it would add
the kind of synth flexibility of the micro synth.  Plus it's huge.  I was
thinking instead of getting something that would do the synth sounds well,
and ultimately possibly replacing the QV with a more up-to-date rack
effects unit.   I was figuring with the QV, Echoplex, distortion, wah, and
micro synth, I would have a pretty good range of effects.   The pedals are
there to supplement the things I have heard racks units don't necessarily
do well (like distortion).  I don't know of any unit, rack or pedal, that
does what the microsynth does, with different waveforms, envelopes, etc.
I'm sure I'm just missing stuff.  It doesn't seem like the Boss GT-3 has
this stuff though.

Thanks,

MT