Re: MAX and PC's

At 9:52 PM +0000 7/13/99, S Monroe wrote:
>    Finally, as a max user, there have been intimations by
>    David Zicarelli (the guy responsible for the port of
>    Max from the Next machines at IRCAM to the Mac)
>    that a PC version may be coming around soon. possible
>    infor at http://www.cycling74.com

In the name of historical accuracy: Max started out on the Mac, then
was ported to the NeXT machine as part of the ISPW (IRCAM Signal
Processing Workstation) effort. At about the same time there was some
effort spent in finding Max a home for commercial "exploitation". It
was slated to go to Intelligent Music (R.I.P.), but when Intelligent
Music started to "go south", Max found a home at Opcode.

Chris

The optimist sees a glass half full...     | Chris Muir
The pessimist sees a glass half empty...   | cbm@well.com
The realist sees a glass twice as big as it needs to be.