a little help? photocells, slightly off topic

i know this isnt quite loopy but i know theres alot of techies on this
list
and i could really use the help

all of the photocell talk on another list (oddmusic)got me all hot and
bothered
i set out to swap out the pot in my wah pedal for a photoresister
(mind you, im not good at this stuff)
much to my dismay
my morley wah doesnt work on a pot
it has some quirky LED setup to control the sweep
im stumped here
would i have to find a crybaby wah to do this to
or can i swap out the LED circuitry for the photocell?
would it LED be the same value as its pot counterpart?
any morley wah owners?

thanks in advance

rodrigo