RE: Things are quiet 'round here

Dennis:
> That's basically the set-up I use when simulating Alan Lucier's "I Am
> Sitting in a Room".

I'd love to listen to that sometime.  probably a stupid question, but do
you
know if it's ever been released on CD?

> I put the EDP into delay mode and feed the output back to the
> input (set the EDP feedback at zero).

I do that with my JamMan, but without a digital feedback control it
incolves
a lot of fiddling with the input level knob!  I've been thinking of fitting
a "fine tune volume" control (probably on my feedback volume control).

> I think the technique has ALOT of potential.  Unfortunately, the
> configuration is so different than what I typically use that it's
> hard to fit it in with my normal performance stuff.  One of these
> days...

I'm in the middle of a BIG rig update; out go the pedals, in come the big
digital kit!  I could go with a floormount system (ie a GT5 feeding my JM
and feedback pedal) or a rackmount (in which case feedback volume would be
controlled by a Lex MPX-100 via a MIDI pedal).  The only problem with the
rackmount is that my looper system requires an open-closed gate pedal
(right
now, a distortion pedal with the volume turned off); the only way I can
think to replicate this is by feeding the looper from the "left" rack
output, the amp from the "right" and see if the left O/P can be switched
on/off by MIDI (a bit like a pan control, but not affecting the right
side).
With the rackmount, the MPX in the loop would be ripe for serious loop
lunacy.  Of the other hand, the GT5 is easier - and a LOT cheaper.

Hmmmmm.......

Mike Hughes, Ph.D.               Tel: (+44) 1483 300800 x2344
Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering,    Fax: (+44) 1483 306039
University of Surrey,            EMail: m.hughes@surrey.ac.uk
Guildford, Surrey, UK    www.surrey.ac.uk/MME/Research/BioMed