so when do we get the EDP news?/reasons to have boomerang AND EDP

The 'Rang is more straightforward, nicely lofi, very easy to work with etc.
The EDP is more complex and has some incredible features like you can
switch between several loops, undo overdubs, multiply small phrases while
overdubbing etc. and it has some midi things on top of that. Both of them
can reverse the loop which is great, the EDP cannot speed up/slow down your
phrases which really is a drag.

I decide before the gig if & which unit will come along. Since I don't want
to lug so much stuff around I'll have to live with the fact that every unit
more in the signal chain will downgrade my guitar tone. In my solo pragramm
I use the EDP for the more strucural stuff and the Rang to throw in some
polymetrical, gritty 8vb/8va (via playback speed) additions for contrast.
Since this expands the range and the sound of the instrument it's an
important feature to me. At two points in the show I use two worked out
independent loops to get some some trippy polyblabla stuff, great fun!

Best, Andreas