Re: Boomerang MIDI

Todd Pafford wrote:

> Personally, I'd hate to see the 'Rang's beautifully simply interface
> cluttered w/ "feature creep".  I don't use MIDI so I would soon enough
> not see it added.

i don't use midi either, but the more features the merrier...
sometimes all i need to be able to store about a loop as far as synching
goes is
just it's *length*.

some way of storing loop length(s) would be a great help... even having an
"empty
loop" of a certain length (say 5 seconds or something) created at boot up
would be
very cool..  (the 30sec / 1 / 2 / 4 minute limits when maxing out are all
just a
little long for the purpose i'm thinking of --- multitracking externally
or just
some consistency (picture this: you've just played 20 minutes straight and
the
punters are looking confused... you could think "well i guess i could play
that
killer 60 bpm 5/4 thing" without having it prematurely killed by your
sudden
inability to coordinate hand and foot)

by the way, does anyone know if it is *exactly* 30 (32?) seconds a 1 meg
'rang maxs
out at? (128 secs with 4 meg?)

> Now, that's not to say there aren't things I'd like to see done to
>improve
> the 'Rang.  Three examples:
> 1) Being able to record a new loop while the current loop is still
> playing, i.e. playing loop doesn't cut off when you hit record.
> 2) Being able to store and use several loops.  Three or four would be
> plenty.
> 3) Being able to change the speed while a loop is playing.  Currently you
> have to hit Stop->Speed->Play.

i used to not like this aspect of the "speed" function but that little gap
can be
used to great effect.. still it would be nice to have the choice.
how about:

4)  double speed / sampling rate in addition to 1/2 speed.

brad