SOUNDSCAPE SUCCESS AND NO SCRABBLE RABBLE

I would like to thank those of you who came down to the GRAPEFRUIT MOON
last
night in support of my soundscaping efforts.  The night was a definate
success, and no one threw scrabble pieces at me.  The reaction from those
who I did not know was extremely positive and it was also great to see
friends both old and new.

In regards to an on going debate within the "loopers" community regarding
the effects of soundscaping on time (both perceived and actual), the staff
of the GFM noted to me later that they felt they "were in two places at
once" and "felt disconnected from the physical".  Maybe it was the heat.

At one point during the last soundscape of the evening ALL of my equipment
shut off with a big thud..then three seconds later came back on and just
continued going (which is impossible, I should have lost the loop) as if
nothing had happened.  What was also interesting about that was how some
people perceived the shutdown as being a split second, myself feeling it
was
about 3 seconds, and others seeing it as a minute shut down.  A ghost in
the
machine?
God stopping by for a visit?  A rip in the space/time continuum?
Perhaps some questions are best left unanswered.

Lorne Thomson
Toronto, Canada