Re: The world according to Opcode....

Kim:

Not to be truculent, but this _is_ a looper's mailing list, so one
imagines I'm within my right to be repetitive...shouldn't interested
parties contact Oberheim if they be wanting an Echoplex, _not_ Opcode?
Take "Bret <echoplex@yahoo.com>"'s experience as a further example,
where he receives the reply:

> I wrote to opcode about EDP availability, and they
> wrote me:
> --- infoone  wrote:
> > Check with www.gibson.com.  We dont handle those
> > products.

Opcode makes MIDI software and certain MIDI/digital audio hardware
products but hasn't exactly jumped onto the hardware signal processing
bandwagon, to my knowledge (thus, the prior interest on the part of my
team of financial planners, who have suddenly, not to say mysteriously,
transformed into a byzantine assortment of MIDI-merge boxes and A/D mini
1/8"-to-S/PDIF ports). Both Opcode and Oberheim are, as we know,
wholly-owned subsidiaries of Gibson and, it is very likely, at least one
staff member in each "division" doesn't know what happened to his/her
beloved Fonzie iron-on applique t-shirt from 1978; it is at this point,
I'd wager, that all similarities between the two divisions cease.
Perhaps "no" really does mean "no" -- if we want to hold certain feet to
a certain fire, it'd help to know which body said feet are attached to.
Please to advise. Thank you.

   ~      > --- James Keepnews --- <  "Don't quote anybody, Sir!"
 (.-.)    > -- Multimedia Yahoo -- <
    \                 *                           -- Krishnamurti
   -      > -  keepnews@node.net - <