Patchbays and pedals and Pulses (Oh My!)

*** My Email crashed as I was sending this yesterday
morning. If you've already received it, please excuse
the repeat. I checked the archives, but it did not
appear with yesterday's postings.

JT

Since I hold some of you gentlemen responsible for my
current situation, I think it's only fair that I post
these questions to the list.

I will soon be adding a 2nd patchbay to my little home
studio. While working on diagrams of possible
configur-
ations for my equipment, I have come to the conclusion
that I am no longer (if I ever was) a "normal" kind of
guy. I have been effectively "denormaled" by my
association with Loopers Delight. I'm looping with the
Echoplex & the Vortex. I'm even doing it on my
Digitech
2101 and 2112. Now try to work into the equation the
rack power amp, compressor, mixer channel ins & outs &
effects sends & returns, etc. I just want to have
complete flexibility as to who's on first, who's on
second.

While working on patchbay configurations, it occurred
to me that, to this point, all of my patchbay connec-
tions have been strictly for audio, even though a lot
of my equipment has back panel inputs for cv/exp
pedals, sync connections, footswitches, what have you.

Is it advisable to use a patchbay for these types of
connections? There was an article in EM a while back
on patchbays, but I don't recall seeing anything like
this in their setup examples. I would be using a
balanced, 1/4", denormaled patchbay. At the very
least,
I'm wondering if it might cause interference with
adjacent audio connections, or at worst, cause an
unpleasant aroma. Any guidance is appreciated.

BONUS QUESTION***

Would any of you care to comment on the Waldorf Pulse
Plus synth? Rack mount, mono, analogue synth with
built in cv/gate interface, audio in for filtering
external audio. It appears that you can route the LFO
to the #2 CV output to modulate other equipment with
cv inputs. The LFO has sine, tri, saw (up ramp),
pulse,
& random waveforms. The LFO has a slow speed of 0.0008
Hz (1 cycle every 2 minutes) up to a fast rate of
261.6 Hz. I was led to this in a very round about way
thanks to links provided by David Coffin, who was
responding to my earlier inquiry about external LFOs.
Dave provided the link to Kenton Electronics, which
led to the Analogue Heaven Mail Archives, which led me
to peruse back issues of Keyboard magazine where I
found a review of the Waldorf. Playing guitar used to
be easier than this.

I did my duty and emailed Opcode, how about you?

John

===
John Tidwell