Re: bailey book

It's a very good book.  I just read it a couple weeks ago.
It covers improvisation from the musicians's point
of view, and in various contexts (East Indian music, jazz,
etc).  I wouldn't consider that it covers everything
about improv that one would want to know, and I disagree
with some of the view of the book (particularly regarding
recording), but it is a very interesting read.  Much
easier to get into than my other recent choice:
_Formalized Music_ by Iannis Xenakis.

(yes, it's Derek Bailey, jazz guitarist)
It's cheap too, ~12$ from amazon.com

Jim