Re: Re[2]: The Effects Of Looping...praise the Lord and pass the Frippertronics

>Maybe we're getting somewhere here... "Ritual(istic) Music" could
>certainly
>pertain to a large body of our work in several genres. I'm sure the more
>humorous modes, and the slice and dice modes which move about wildly will
>probably not quite fit. The word ritual could serve to attract certain
>audience
>members quite ready to be swept away by the music...

Hey maybe we should start our own cult.  Private jets and adoring
attentants
for everyone!!

>Call and response is definitely western mantra in action! Check out the
>Robert
>Duval movie "The Apostle" if you want to see some really mesmerizing
>portrayals
>of this. What an amazing movie... I've become much more interested in
>reaching
>beyond my instrument (guitar) and adding word based conceptual ideas, to
>deepen
>the impact of various ideas. Ritualized repetitive action can be really
>powerful...

Now THAT movie was scarey! Why?  Because my Father was a Penticostal
Holiness preacher and I was raised in that world.  I never realized that I
was raised in a cult until I saw it.  I recognized the order of service,
the
songs EVERYTHING.

Lorne Thomson
Toronto, Canada