Re: OT - Emagic Audiowerk2 card....

In a message dated 6/1/99 6:47:55 PM, Crossedout@aol.com writes:

>anyone have any opinions on the above-mentioned card?
Hey, Bill
I expect to have one of these before the month is out...so no experience
yet,
but it seems to be a fantastic bargain, esp. for the Mac, since it comes
with
a Masterlist equivalent, plus ASIO and Sound Manager drivers, and its
daddy,
the aw8 got good reviews for its A/D converters. Describing it recently to
Sweetwater salesman (reading from the Harmony central press release) was
kinda fun, since he was trying to sell me some other nearly $1000 card
with
very fussy tastes regarding compatible CD burners PLUS Masterlist for
another
$400+. He seemed to be watching the digital audio landscape change before
his
very eyes as he pulled up the aw2 data on his own computer...
The eMagic tech guy I spoke to was very definite about how UNfussy the aw2
would be re: other hardware, but that remains to be seen of course.
 Please post or PEM anything you learn about it.
Thanks
David