Re: Korg ToneWorks AX1-G

At 10:44 AM -0700 5/31/99, Hawkeye255@aol.com wrote:
>I use the Akai Headrush everyday and I get NO AUDIBLE CLICK unless I miss
>the
>loop point badly.  Any sampler will click when the end of the loop and the
>beginning of the loop are out of phase.  And they will not click when the
>end
>of loop and beginning of loop are in phase.  "Somedays timing is
>everything."

this would be true except for devices designed specifically not to click at
the endpoint of the loop. (which I think should be the case for anything
designed for looping!)  We designed the echoplex this way, where it does a
quick crossfade between endpoint and startpoint, so you don't get a click.
In fact, I think the design was always that way, it seemed like a pretty
obvious requirement right from the start. I'm rather surprised that some of
these looping devices coming out now didn't do something similar. You
should be able to play anything into the loop, right up to the endpoint and
beyond, and never get a click.

kim