Re: BeatSyncing in the studio / poslooping

>I've done something approaching Yesterday

It seams rather different to me, but totally interesting!
Its even a suggestion for Sequencer manufacturers to incorportate the
"touchwah idea" into their soft!
Its like a AudioToMIDIcontroller conversion, while I did a AudioToSync
conversion (which may be available in some sequencers, actually?).

Matthias

>The idea was to extract the groove from a wav drum loop to feed it
>afterward in a sequencer
>as a mod source for effects
>
>here is the routing and processing i used (all vst plugs)
>
>drum loop---Dpole band pass---gate----write the resulting
>wave----recycle-----midifile
>
>the band pass filter is for selecting the drum loop instrument (low freq
>for the BD med freq for the snare etc..)
>
>the gate is for giving me clear impulses edges of the D loop freq
>selection
>
>I wrote to wav 3 "grooves" each giving me the groove of a frequency band
>
>those 3 wav were analyzed in recycle resulting in 3 midi files playing
>the 3 grooves
>
>back in cubase where each midi file on its track is now considered as a
>trig for a multieffect
>
>the parameter I wanted to control was the filter in my G force so I
>assigned a low value to the BD track a medium value to the snare and a
>high value to the hat
>
>instant groove when you play the guitar "morphed" by a drum beat
>
>Claude

*    Lots of music (samples), inventions (drawings), philosophy:
*         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org
*    Archive and mailinglist about looping:
*         ---> http://www.annihilist.com/loop/loop.html