Re: EDP question

Kim Flint wrote:

> >> hmm, the old Andre problem returns....

Nice that this should be the first message I get after coming home from
the premiere of Star Wars at the movie theater.  Deja Vu runs rampant.

> >>there's an ECO oberheim should be
> >> doing to correct that before they ship it. I guess they lost track of
> >that

The probnlem can beÊ"dealt with" in a couple of ways.  If you set the
MIX knob all the way to "loop", then the hissing noise goes away.  (It
also goes away if you set the knob to "dir," but of course you won't
hear the loop that way...)  It will also go away once the loop is built
up to a more dense texture.  I don't know the mechanical cause of the
anomaly, but it tends to occur when signals fade into or out of
silence.  As Kim says, it's a very minor thing, which I only noticed
after a year and a half of use.

> of course, it's Andre of the West I'm referring to, unless you two are
>now
> one....

No no, the bi-coastal brotherhood remains intact yet distinct.  (Sorry,
two hours of Liam Neeson talking to baby Darth Vader gets under the
proverbial skin.)

> speaking of whom, Western Andre has been mighty quiet lately. Where is
>that
> boy?

Recovering from finally completing the mixing and mastering of a
forthcoming debut CD some two years in the making.  Stay tuned...

--Andre