Re: Cool Jaco loop stuff

Jaco - loops

sounds great... he also does some great looping in the  infamous Joni
Mitchell concert film 'shadows and llight'= band also features Pat
Metheny,Lyle Mays,Don ALias,Mike Brecker,,, killer!!! those bums at
elektra<?> have just re-released the CD as a double - so as to restore the
ONE SONG they pulled off to make it a SINGLE!! SCREW them!!!! at least NOW
- fill up the extra - wasted space!!!! Give us the JACO-LOOPS and a couple
extra songs!!! Charlatans!!

sigh... in other news - i've heard the jungle funk (wimbush/calhoun/vinx) -
pretty good- though the scale tips more towards songcraft/singing/r&b than
Loopcraft - and empahasis on weirdosity or anything. it's a pretty tame CD
- every track, pretty much, could be on the radio on a pop,rock or r n b
station ...... but 3-4 real standout trax with killer playing esp by doug
and will.

andre'

http://www.monmouth.com/~andre
Band Info, Articles, Health Links
JFK's LSD UFO and HIDDEN AGENDA

PROJECT/OBJECT http://projectobject.com
[frank  zappa trib. i play guitar in]

from an email....

I still think it's funny that Rock Music is descended from a parody of
slave culture that white people did 100 years ago.

Once I saw Carlene Carter at the Bottom Line. She came out on stage and
greeted the audience with "My name is Carlene Carter and I'm here to put
the "cunt" back into Country Music!"

Dad Johnny Cash was sitting at one of the tables nearby and I saw him
bury his face in his hands.

----------
> From: kameleyon <kameleyon@hotmail.com>
> To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
> Subject: Cool Jaco loop stuff
> Date: Sunday, May 16, 1999 12:09 PM
>
> I purchased a disc recently, "Live in Italy & Honestly" on the Jazzpoint
> label, of Jaco Pastorius playing live, solo loop stuff in Italy recorded
in
> March of '86. It's a double CD set with Disc 1 being a trio date with
Jaco,
> rock-star guitarist Bireli LeGrene, and a drummer whose name escapes me
now,
> and Disc 2 being the solo Jaco loop performances made with his old analog

> delay. There's some real cool sounds on the disc...highly recemended for
the
> fellow jaco-philes.
>
> Has anyone heard the "Jungle Funk" disc with Doug Wimbish and Will
Calhoun?