EMUSIC Playlist

                        Playlist for "EMUSIC"

"Emusic," an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.
http://www.wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html

                Show #113               May 6, 1999.
                Host: Bill Fox          http://www.wdiyfm.org
                billfox@fast.net

On this show, I began a month-long focus on the North East Art Rock
Festival (NEARfest).  Space music has ancestry in Progressive rock and
in my first show, I promised that I wouldn't totally abandon the
audience of Jim Ferrani's show Deep Cuts, an Art and Progressive Rock
program.  Now is the time to keep my promise!

Special guest Chad Hutchinson, webmaster of the Ghostland web site and
Vice President of NEARfest will present the music of the bands to be
appearing at the inaugural NEARfest.

        Ghostland     :  http://ghostland.com
        NEARfest      :  http://ghostland.com/nearfest
        EMUSIC Focus  :  http://www.wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/focus.html

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:00 pm
C.H.A.O.S.        In the Wake of Shoemaker-Levy  Improv. Sessions Vol. 2
(none)
Wave World              The Quest                Species (Quantum)
Deborah Martin          One Sun                  Deep Roots (Spotted
Peccary)
VA [Ma Ja Le]           Images Remain            Weightless, Effortless
(Hypnos)
Protognos               Strange Geographie       Strange Geographie (DiN)
OZMA                    Actualia Three           HugeAndSilentPlace
(AtomicCity)
Vidna Obmana            Landscape in Obscurity*  Landscape in Obscurity
(Hypnos)

12:00 am
Spock's Beard           The Doorway              Beware of Darkness
(Radiant)
Crucible                Over the Falls           Tall Tales (Moonchild)
Scott McGill's Hand Farm  Fred-O-Cal             Ripe (The Laser's Edge)
Ice Age                 Sleepwalker              The Great Divide (Magna
Carta)
Solaris             The Martian Chronicles 2&3   The Martian
Chronicles(Solaris)
IQ                      Subterranea              Subterranea
(GiantElectricPea)
Scott McGill's Hand Farm  7-24                   Ripe (The Laser's Edge)
Spock's Beard           Chatauqua *              Beware of Darkness
(Radiant)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

On the next EMUSIC, I will continue the month-long focus on the North East
Art Rock Festival (NEARfest) with special guest Chad Hutchinson.  The
Feature CD at Midnight will return in June.

Please visit the WDIY web site and navigate through the schedule to the
EMUSIC pages.  Playlists for every show are there.  Hot links to artists
and labels can be found in the monthly focus section.