Re: SP-808???

BTW, I'd also read from other 808 owners that some samples work great
(simpler waveforms), while others stink.  I'd imagine it depends entirely
on your app.  As I said, I was looking for a composition sketchpad (with
the fun gadgets) that could double as an hd recorder.  Seems better for
live applications.

While I am not sure you can add an hd to its SCSI chain, Roland did tell
me the SCSI is meant only for data backups.  It still must run off its
internal Zip drive, which imposes a 100MB limit on songs.