RE: new MP3

The best I have found and which produces 128-Kbps-quality MP3s is called
"CDex Backtracks."  I found it through an excellent article on MP3
technology at C|Net, http://www.cnet.com.  I can make really unbelievable
MP3s with this thing.  I've played the original CD against an MP3 copy, and
I swear I can't tell the difference.  Well, I use WinAmp to play MP3s,
which
is one kick-ass MP3 player.

Information:
<<CDex is a is utility which can record Digital Audio (DA) tracks  from CD
into the files. The recorded audio tracks can be stored as either WAV files
or as MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3) files. CDex is using the Adaptec’s ASPI
library Manager to communicate with the CD-ROM device, look at the end of
the FAQ page where to download an ASPI manager.

The latest version of Cdex can be downloaded from:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/8563/

I know, this help file is not still what it should be, but it takes a lot
of
time to document and keep it up to date with the latest features and
problems that people are reporting.

Status of software:
CDex is freeware and I like to keep it that way. Although support (esp.
online time) and development tools are quite expensive. Therefore you can
support CDex by sending a small donation (money order, checks are OK) to:

Albert Faber
v.d. Meystraat 1
5622 GT  EINDHOVEN
The Netherlands>>