Re: electronic

>James made an interesting contribution:
>How do you think the indians would receive the looping tools to
>simplyfy/extend their music? Do they use any electronics exept for
>straight
>amplification of their traditional work?

One of my friends, a bansuri player - is always appearing  with new
electronic gadjets that he picks up in India - he must have at least 8
different shruti boxes ( drone makers) and 3 or 4 electronic tabla machines
- one of them even has a tv style remote control! They're all *really*
funky/clunky.

So I guess that some players are using electronics but I'm sure you wont
see
Ravi Shankar w/ an Boomerang anytime soon.

jmw