Re: Fwd: Short? in Echoplex

Bret wrote:
  James, You may have read kims comments about the longer screw.

Not yet I'll look for his comment

> Eventually I put in a SLIGHTLY larger fuse, and this seemed to resolve
> the
> problem.

I'll remember that

> Another area to check is where the power socket is
> solder to the Printed Circuit Board of the EDP.  I have
> heard of these solder joints breaking and becoming
> intermittant.  This would have the symptom you describe
> (reset when the case is tapped).

Most likly the case (no pun intended, just came out of my mouth that
way)
I will look around there

> My guess is the reset is due to intermittant power
> somewhere from the input of the power cable to the fuse
> to the transformer, to the input of the voltage
> regulators, to the DC output of the voltage regulators.
>  An intermittant contact anywhere in this path could
> have the symptom you describe.
>
> Good luck!  I know this can be a very frustrating
> problem.
> bret
>
> --- James Devillez <grndflor@apex.net> wrote:

Thank you very much. I have used it all afternoon and it reset itself
one time. then I moved the unit a bit and no problem Yet!