Trouble with Multiply Switch

hi there

for about three month I have been an Echoplex owner , and I have just
started using it for life performance as a solo guitarist and with my
trio

sometimes when I hit the MULTIPLY button on the footpedal, the device
goes into MUTE state

Is this a software 5.0 - or a hardware problem ?

It only happened about five or six times since I have got the LOOPER,
but you don't want this to happen on stage, do you...?!

Could that problem and others be a result of hitting more than one
footpedal button- - anyone having had the same sort of problem?

Thanx an awful lot for your answer(s)

Philipp  -  Switzerland