RE: Any Video Loopers?

hi loopers,

we (lost_time_accident) have been working with some aspect of video looping
that basically takes it's cue from sound-on-sound techniques. probably more
like over-dubbing loops which we do in tandem with improvised sound-scapes.

i teamed up with a 3D and special effects artist (john power) about 8
months ago. we started working on collaborative improvised pieces some of
which we will release on video later in the year.

it's been quite a learning experience for both of us. we've developed some
skills not unlike jazz impro, yet we're about as far from jazz as one can
get. actually, we played last fri evening and someone described our set as
jazz trance. another techno genre perhaps?

anyway, we're enjoying to collaboration which seems to be opening up new
ideas for both our efforts in terms of real-team sound and image
processing.

you'll find some of our material here (more video work will be available
when we get the time to digitise between every thing else one does in the
late 90s):

http://www.toysatellite.com.au/secession
or
http://www.toysatellite.com.au/lta

this has been an excellent thread, if only to find other people interested
in developing similar skills and techniques.

ciao4now,
andrew