Wowie Zowie Ebay etc.

When I added my little bit about the relative merits of ebay vs harmony
central and mentioned that in my experience recycler was better than either
I was only trying to give some helpful info.  I wish I had discovered all
these classified ad sites sooner.  I'm just astounded that this thread
devolved into the bizarreness it did.  Well, I suppose a certain amount of
that can be a spice for a forum that could get a bit too dry or technical
sometimes, but I was on another list (that will remain un-named) a while
back that was mostly off topic discussions and I finally got tired of these
futile discussions and dropped out.  As for why I like the recycler
classified ads (in spite of the fact that paid subscibers get first pick)
is
that they have the most listings of anyplace.  I recently got a virtually
new nanocompressor for $65 and a mint AKG C1000s microphone for $100.
There
were several of each to choose from and I never found either one on harmony
central.  I also recently saw a jamman advertised for $50.  A paid
subscriber got that one and I then saw another one with memory upgrade for
$350.  The idea here is not to get another controversy going, but just to
share useful info.  I live at least 100 miles from any large music store
and
maybe more of you have various reasons for preferring to conveniently sift
through huge databases looking for what you want rather than running around
all over trying to find it.  Anyway, you all have fun shopping for your
gear
in whatever manner you prefer and peace to you all.

Peter