Loops & such...

Hi Tim,

Thanx for yr inquiry regarding video looping (Loopers-Delight-d Digest
Volume
99 : Issue 91). Before I joined the Loopers Delight web group, I consulted
with Kim & Chris about the appropriateness of discussing video in a
predominantly audio environment. For me, the word "loop" immediately
conjures
visions of looping video systems!!! Looping is looping whatever the
medium!

I am very spontaneous and have employed a large variety of concepts and
techniques working with video and audio looping systems. I have not done
any
video looping pieces since 1983 because I no longer have access to any
reel-
to-reel video equipment. Being that I thoroughly explored the medium back
when
it was current technology, I've been happy to move along and continue to
create with whatever is the latest technology has to offer! I have
continued
to explore video feedback, but have not explored any digital means for
video
looping.

I have used all types of video, including looping pieces, during live
performances. Often I use prerecorded video during live music performances,
but have done many live video/audio looping performances & installations.

The video loops, on occasion, have used prerecorded (& found footage)
tapes,
but are usually done with live cameras. The source of change comes from
video
feedback, when the camera is zoomed within the frame of the video monitor
screen; and from performance, when the camera is zoomed beyond the frame of
the video monitor screen. (refer to my Loopers Delight Profile for an
explanation of the basic video system I used)

There is always overlap between siys & pupaum (siys=visual/pupaum=audio),
because much of my art is multimedia.

Glad to hear u enjoyed the art on my website!

Stevo