New loop-based software in development

Hi there

I am primarily a musician, using my computer as a sampler to knock out
tunes. I am starting a new software project, which will allow the user to
produce *live* music, by looping existing sounds, and recording new ones on
the fly.

This will be done by accessing all the program features via a MIDI keyboard
menu system. This way, you can play in tunes, sample external sources and
do
effects on your loops without ever having to touch a mouse or keyboard
(something I think can get in the way of making music). So for example,
bottom C on your keyboard would activate your menus on screen (and also
activate the menu keys on your keyboard), there would be basic keys to
start, stop and record MIDI data from the keyboard, and you could use your
pitch bend wheel (or any controller available to you) to change envelopes,
filters, reverb etc. Basically, everything is done from your keyboard for
simplicity, with visual representation of what you are doing on screen.

I would very much appreciate your comments, and any ideas you may have. I
plan to continue this project into my university course at doc.ic.ac.uk.

Tell me what you think! :-)

Alex