Re: Alternatives to Oberheim?

>Dear Loopers,
>
>I just can't believe the expensive, nearly-impossible-to-acquire Oberheim
>Echoplex is the ONLY thing on the market that allows infinite
>loops/layerings.

I continue to be amused by <$600 being considered "expensive" for music
gear. For synths and samplers, that's the low-end..... In fact, that's even
true for guitar stuff...the things I ended up keeping, liking, and using on
a regular basis, all cost me quite a bit more than an echoplex goes for.
(except my death metal pedal, of course....)

besides, as Bret noted, there's a lot more to looping than just recording a
loop and adding a few layers to it. lots of stuff does that.

>What the hell was Lexicon thinking when they discontinued the Jam Man?

they were thinking, "we are losing money hand over fist on this product.
Let's cut our loses and get out now!"  ya know, not many companies are
willing to wait four years with a warehouse full of inventory before people
actually decide they want the thing.....

kim