Re: Alternatives to Oberheim?

---"Michael S. Yoder" <myoder@tamiu.edu> wrote:
> Dear Loopers,
> I just can't believe the expensive, nearly-impossible-to-acquire
Oberheim
> Echoplex is the ONLY thing on the market that allows infinite
> loops/layerings.  Is there anything else available..

First, "nearly-impossible-to-acquire", this is absurd. I have never
had any problem getting EDPs, and I have 3.  If you can't find them
(at least in the USA) then you aren't looking. Call or email Gibson,
and they can tell you where they shipped EDP recently.

Infinite loops/layerings are hardly what sets the EDP apart from the
crowd.  The jamman, the boomerang, the EH16 second delay, and probably
many others allow this.

If that is your only requirment then seek those.

The EDP is special for more reasons that I can state here, but a few
aspects are:
1.  Undo
2.  Brother Sync
3.  Stereo Brother Sync
4.  Multiply
5.  Confirgurable Quantize/no Quantize/Confirm on switch actions
6.  Allows creation and storage and replay of multiple unique loops,
each of unique length.
7.  198 seconds

Read the FAQ at Loopers Delight web page.

I'm sure other EDP users have other favorite features, but IMO there
is no substitute.
bret