Re: Teo Macero "Modulations" Interview online

> It's clear that you haven't listened to Miles, he had some pretty clear
> limitations on his instrument. It was the way he worked around them that
> gave his music its depth, unlike, say, Maynard Ferguson or Wynton
>Marsalis.

As an owner of 20+ CDs featuring Miles (I have to stop counting after the
three boxed sets I own, not to mention all the cassettes I bought before
I got a CD player), Miles' "limitations" on trumpet have never been clear
to me.  All I can hear is a man who played a lot of great music.

Perhaps it is because I have no background in brass instruments.

Cheers,
Paolo