Re: CGDAEG

93

---Jeff & Vonda McLeod <subversive@mindspring.com>
wrote:
>       Have any of you guitarists on the list ever
experimented with or are you
> currently using the Guitar Craft New Standard
Guitar Tuning (CGDAEG)?

I use CGDA on my longhorn bass - what I call my
'cellogator' - and have found it interesting and
somewhat frustrating in the lack of close voicings.

> I'm
> in the process of setting my guitar up with this
tuning, which is a bit of
> a task (to me, at least), since the actual high 3rd
is EXCEPTIONALLY high
> and tends to snap the string.

Easy. Tune it to DFCBDF and capo at the first fret.
Or use a 24 3/4" scale guitar as opposed to a 25 1/2"
scale.

93
Rev. Doubt-Goat
===