Re: New Akai delay pedal-E1 Headrush Tap Delay/Tape EchoSimulator/Looping Recorder

>This thing looks very tasty indeed... is that $259 aus or u.s?

That would be $259US, the Akaipro web site is in the US, and the NAMM show
is as well.

>not into looping? a pity.. there a not that many of us in oz...

I've been lurking here for a while trying to get some information about old
tape echos like the Roland RE201/301 and the Maestro Echoplexes, but havn't
had much luck. I need some information on what model Echoplexes to look
for!

My interest in them has been mainly for effects in recording my ever
growing collection of synths/drum machines and for use when recording demos
etc for friends, but I think I might try this looping/improvisation stuff
when I track one down or get something new like this Akai pedal.

How do you use the loopers in a live situation? do you start with a beat or
something, and set the looper to the length of the beat so it loops in
time, then layer other sounds over the top of that loop?

What other effects and things do you do with the looper, when using it in
this sort of live lopping situation?

Thanks
Simon
Canberra