Re: creative ennui question/Oblique Strategies.....ragas

gregmer@microsoft.com
writes:

> Rodrigo,
>
>  A great resource is Henry Cowell's _New Musical Resources_. This was the
>  book that inspired Conlon Nancarrow, for example, to do his player piano
>  stuff. It's a brilliant little book and very accessible.
>
>  --greg

I have that book.
Its great, its a tad on the 'what you should do' side for my tastes but
great
none the less.
Im interested in more non-western modal stuff.
Hell, anything would be interesting.

Also, has anyone on the list dabbled in performing interpretations of moder