My EDP cuts in abruptly on volume pedal swells

Hi Loopers,

I've recently noticed that when I try to swell the volume on the beginning
of a loop on my EDP, you don't hear the whole swell, the sound just cuts on
at a certain point, maybe when it hits an audio threshold(?). I have the
threshold parameter set to 0 and when I hit record the EDP does start
recording instantly but the audio still cuts in abruptly not gradually
swelling in. I seem to remember in the early days of Looper's Delight
someone, maybe Andre LaFosse(?), had a problem with this, and since I
didn't have an EDP at that time I don't remember now what the solution
was/is. I don't have time to search the website right now so I thought
someone here might comment or have some suggestions until I get time to
look around.
Thanks in advance!
Ed