Re: Hi Fi Bugs Concerned about Live Performance

        While I certainly enjoy the studio sessions that we've done with
looping
and our other experiments, I really feel that (for us, at least...) live
performance is where it's at. Our music is so in the moment (complete
improvisation...) and our playing style so violent at times (frightening
some audience members...oh well, what can one do?) that the live situation
is too fun to give up.
        I wonder about what venues are better for improvising and
experimental
groups and individuals. The bar scene has definitely been less that
wonderful for us, while fesitvals and more intimate settings have been
great. No matter what, however, there's always someone there who enjoys it
and makes a point to say so. That always makes it worthwhile--even if most
folks seem to be preoccupied with other things during the performance.

Jeff McLeod
http://members.xoom.com/Gezoleen/