Re: Just bought an EDP...

Kim,

Thank you for your response- I have to say it is a great thing to be able
communicate with one of the developers of this instrument- the internet
can be
a great thing...

If the unit ships with 4 1mb simms, could I replace 2 of them with 4mb
simms
and leave 2 of the 1mb simms in there? I looked in the FAQ but it did not
address this specific point. The only reason I ask is because I bought 2 of
the 4mb simms at the time I bought the EDP- no biggie- if it works like a
pc's
memory I'm ok- if not I will just get another pair of 4mb chips and begin
my
journey with 198 seconds!

As far as what dt said- well, I have wanted a really good delay unit for
some
time- one with a long delay time- I have always loved playing
rhythmic/melodic
lines and hearing the harmonies and counterpoint etc. with stompbox type
delays- but it has never been a high priority- always seems to be something
else I need more (like food, and uh, insurance, and hmmm, let's see...)
Then 2 weeks ago I saw guitarist Mike Miller (who I had never heard before)
play a wonderful show with Chad Wakerman and Jimmy Johnson and he used a
pair
of Lexicon Jam Mans VERY tastefully- building great intros and ending the
loopswhen the bass and drums came in- and speaking to him after the show I
decided to really look into it- (having burned out on my Porta One and
cassette tapes- theres nothing better than searching through that shoebox
full
of multitrack tapes endlessly fast forwarding and rewinding to find that
one
idea you KNOW you have in there somewhere...;)
Well, dt was very enthusiastic about the EDP and obviously had a lot of
experience with other delay/sample units including the Jam Man- he goes on
in
detail about how deep the unit is and all of the options etc. and how
condusive it is for live situations- If you are interested I could scan the
article and make it available...or would I get into trouble doing that?

Oh well-
Thanks again-

Cliff Novey