Re: a few other thoughts- no loop content

In a message dated 1/18/99 10:50:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SoundFNR@aol.com
writes:

> Avant Garde?  I'd have to say that the 'free improvised' music I have
>seen
>  recently has been somewhat predictable in terms of the structure of
>  the pieces, the way in which the players interact, and much of the
>  content of the individual players. Although I've seen a couple of
>soloists
>  to whom this doesn't apply.
>
>  Seems to me it's possible to be 'avant garde' without being an
>innovator.

It's possible to be avante garde whilst being a blatant immitator.  It's
all a
matter of perception, but no one's pulling the wool over our eyes, now are
they??
If you live near NYC and want to see some "new" music live, email me, I can
make some recommendations.
-Jody