Re: Hi-Fi Bugs

At 11:10 AM 1/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>       Anyway, enough rejoicing. I am apart of an ambient trio based in
>Montpelier, Vermont called Hi-Fi Bugs. We are synth, guitar, bass and odd
>percussion. To this point our live performances have been extended
>uninterupted  pieces that are 90 or so minutes in duration with no
>'breaks'
>Certainly there  are dynamic lulls but no interuption of the composition.
>am curious if there  are other loopers out there performing in this
>format.
>I am not sure our  listeners are comfortable as they often applaud during
>lulls mistaking them for  breaks between movements. Obviously we
>appreciate
>the aknowlegement but  sometimes the piece is disturbed. Is it as simple
>asking for no applause.  Feedback??

Howdy,
        My trio has done 30-40 minute nonstop pieces to some of the same
response.
What you can do is run a live audience mic into your looping device of
choice--and cough back to the same audience the things that they have just
done. Or, you could just try a piece with no dynamic lulls for 90 minutes
and not give them any room to applaud or distract you! Ha! Chances are that
would be relatively frightening to most!
        Seriously, I'd just suggest what many others on the list have:
just go
with it. Hell, before the show, sample yourself in a monotone/robotic voice
saying "Thank you..." into your device and spit it back out whenever
there's applause. Wouldn't that be a kick?
Sincerely,
Jeff McLeod

This is not here--
And now is almost over...