RE: Hi-Fi Bugs

>i guess this is why light shows were combined with music.
>
>by the way does anyone use lights with their live act. perhaps midi
>sync'd to the drum machine or a live sence-a-beat system.

This makes me think of Ben Neill. He uses a "mutantrumpet" with which he
can 1) get the sounds of a regular trumpet. 2) get the sounds of a smaller
trumpet with a slide like a trombone 3) have midi control over a whole pile
of gear, including synth modules, samplers, the lights/projections and 4)
do other stuff I don't know about.

His "mutantrumpet" is pretty well documented, but I haven't been able to
find any tech info on the rest of his rack, so if anyone knows what he's
using and/or how he's using it, I'd sure like to know.

When I saw him last September (opening for TransGlobal Underground) he
wasn't controlling any lighting with the instrument (as far as I know), but
his website describes the "mutantrumpet"'s ability to do so.

For a better description than I've given, here's the url:
http://www.mercurious.com/ben-neill/

By the way, the set I saw him perform, as excellent as it was, was also
disrupted by a couple of over-zealous Natacha Atlas fans eagerly
anticipating TransGlobal's set. Neill took it all in stride...

Tim