Re: Hi-Fi Bugs

93

---MARK FRANO <mfrano@plainfield.bypass.com> wrote:
To this point our live performances have been
extended uninterupted pieces that are 90 or so
minutes in duration with no 'breaks'
(snip)
I am not sure our listeners are comfortable as they
often applaud during lulls mistaking them for breaks
between movements. Obviously we appreciate the
aknowlegement but sometimes the piece is disturbed.
Is it as simple asking for no applause. Feedback??

Rev. D.G. replies:
90 min. pieces are not the performance "norm" so
audience confusion should not be unexpected. If
something other than standard practice is required of
the audience, then a small anouncement before hand
would not be out of order.

Also, be aware that you'll probably still get
interuptions from late-comers, people who were in the
restrooms, those who simply didn't listen or weren't
paying attention. Until you reach a certain level of
recognition where your audience already *knows* what
is required of them, you'll just have to deal with it.

I would suggest trying to incorporate the randomness
of the audience reactions into the work.

93

Rev. Doubt-GOat
===
          The Homepages of the Doubt-Goat