Re: RE: Hi-Fi Bugs

In a message dated 1/17/99 12:36:09 PM, tquincy@davitt-hanser.com writes:

<<by the way does anyone use lights with their live act. perhaps midi

sync'd to the drum machine or a live sence-a-beat system.>>

Incorporated a light show with the recent recital I did for the Princeton
Arts
Council and it worked great!  I had planned on getting together with the
light
guy prior to the show to work on a flow chart and coordinate things but
decided to let him be the third improvisor and just follow what we (me and
percussion) did.  While we played I wasn't really aware of the role the
lights
played and didn't use them as a means of inspiration (which would be a
truly
integrated music/light show) but from post show reviews, he (Frank Jacobs,
"Anchor Productions") did a great job of following the evolution of the
sound.
On a similar track, at home I'll sometimes fire up my iMac and the program
"Macthuga" (a "sense a beat" program) and using either the coputers' built
in
mike or a direct input from the mixer, let Macthuga create it's visual show
from the audio it's recieving. I plan on the next solo gig to have it
sitting
on stage, unobtrusively, just doing it's thing. The point? Oh, I don't
know,
maybe it just looks cool and it's a "no brainer" (something I have no
control
over and thus don't have to worry about :) ). - paul