a few thoughts

ill take all the "free" music i can get but i am willing to pay for
someones
work....i work several jobs and have a family that has to put up with my
spending every free moment, trying to create music...."wheres
dad?"....."oh,
cant you hear him!!!!"....."turn that down (we are trying to sleep, your
driving us crazy".....i have always assumed that my familys artistic
vision is
the same as mine.......not so......i am nowhere near the point of making my
own c.d.s.......i still use cassettes, and am quite happy with the
results......andre is right, there really is no such thing as "free"
music....there is always a cost, be it money for equipment, time, effort,
and
at times alienation of loved ones.....i would love to send everyone on the
list a cassette of my top hits, just to get some feedback from "like minded
spirits" rather than "i might understand this music if i were trippin!" and
this comment from someone who has never tripped....yipes!.....an
interesting
question to say the least...the creation of music does not happen in a
void......as i said, just a few thoughts......michael

p.s. after the ice melts here in pittsburgh, i am going to look at a venue
(an
old ball-room on a 2 acre estate here in town, seating for about 80-100,
sounds like a very nice performance space and i am also going to check out
the
possibility of taking over a bed and breakfast so out of towners will have
place to sleep, my house is not big enough.....i sort of envision a 2 day
looper workshop, performance type thing if we pull off this north east
looper
get together.....facts and figures will be forthcoming......if anyone else
is
working on this project, please let me know, other cities other ideas are
all
welcome.....ive never done this sort of thing before so im working with
only
my own warped ideas........michael