RE: EDP & cakewalk sync problems

> i'm looping within cakewalk (say 32 bars), and looping the edp (say 4
> bars) within cakewalk's loop.  the edp doesn't seem to want to stay
> sync'ed with cakewalk, and there is a disturbing amount of drift after
> only a few loops.  in some cases, this is a good thing.  but i'd like to
> have more control over it.

The loop mode within Cakewalk is not very good for this purpose. I think
that you will find the same kinds of problems with other sequencers too
though. You may find the only solution is to extend your playing section in
the real sequence and sync/play to that.

> so, any ideas on how to tighten up the phasing?  is there a parameter in
> the edp that will allow it to continuously monitor midi time?  would i
> be better off by sending a click to the edp's brothersync?  if so, what
> types of sounds work best for this?  btw, can i sync my vortex to
> cakewalk/edp this way too, via the tap tempo jack?

I've been thinking about the possibility of using an audio output from my
computer to send a wav file emulating a pedal jack. Has anyone managed
this?

bIz