EDP & cakewalk sync problems

hi all,

i've been syncing my edp to cakewalk via midi, with some degree of
success.  but i'm experiencing some drift.

i'm looping within cakewalk (say 32 bars), and looping the edp (say 4
bars) within cakewalk's loop.  the edp doesn't seem to want to stay
sync'ed with cakewalk, and there is a disturbing amount of drift after
only a few loops.  in some cases, this is a good thing.  but i'd like to
have more control over it.

so, any ideas on how to tighten up the phasing?  is there a parameter in
the edp that will allow it to continuously monitor midi time?  would i
be better off by sending a click to the edp's brothersync?  if so, what
types of sounds work best for this?  btw, can i sync my vortex to
cakewalk/edp this way too, via the tap tempo jack?

tia,
matt

The price I pay for free, private email is the following commercial
message...