FS: Korg X911 Analog Guitar Synth

Title sez it. Korg X119 Guitar synth in good shape for sale or on
esoteric trade.

Cosmetically it's about an 8-8.5 (minor scratches) functionally very
good with one exception;  the slider only works one way (you can mute
the preset side). The synth side can be normally muted with the buttons
and other settings so this was never a big deal to me and in fact I
never knew it wasn't supposed to be like this until I played someone
else's)

Unit is 100% original and complete with all knobs and such and comes
with the stand adapter thingie which attaches to the bottom of the unit
and lets you mount it on a board or mic stand.

This is one *very* cool analog box and an incredible sound mangler form
the Korg MS series dynasty. Basically it's a pitch to voltage oriented
synthbox
with some "preset" sounds on one side and a synth section on the other
that can be set up as a tracking VCO or external processor. Autowah,
envelope follower stuff, waveform distortion and more are available (all
analoge of course). It has the MS20 Lowpass filter (w/cutoff knob). You
can also detune the presets from the VCO to make pseudo stringz and
chords and such
(very Adrian Belewish). Presets (and I use the term loosely) are Tuba,
Electric Guitar, Violin, horn, Distorted Guitar (Nice!), and flute.

Various settings for input to adapt tracking from guitar to synth to
thermin or whatever. protamento, and tune knobs. Of course this is all
relative as all these monsters glitch like crazy unless you set them up
*exactly* right. Running a drumloop into it will make the most wonderous
mistracking and rhythmic shrieks you've ever heard. It's made to be
twisted.

CV/Gates in and out as well as VCF and FM 1/4" in. Use it as a third VCO
for an MS20 (or 2nd VCO for a MS10) and it's tracks perfectly via the
CV/gate in.

I'm only selling this monster because I finally got my dream guitar
synth setup and don't use this that much anymore.

Asking $350 OBO.

Buyer pays shipping on prepay (many references available).
Price is pretty fair from recent postings and way below dealer prices
but I'll listen to trades and/or any ideas you have.

For more infomation you can see a pic and specs at:

http://www.i2.i-2000.com/~kbrunner/effects/x-911.htm

and pic of it mounted is here:
http://www.i2.i-2000.com/~kbrunner/effects/effects.htm

email Legion@voicenet.com

Thanks!

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.