How I Got Started

It seems like it all hit at once.

Early eighties, after about six years of rock guitar stuff:  Eno - Another
Green World (Fripp on St. Elmo's Fire, which is still my absolute favorite
guitar solo), started checking out Fripp, found King Crimson, Belew, Levin,
Gabriel, Sylvian, etc.  I decided that I wanted to do that, bought a Juno 2
keyboard, borrowed a friend's Juno 106 keyboard, Roland sequencer, and 4
track, and with my bass, started doing that (not very well, but the tapes
are still satisfying).  Apartment got broken into, everything stolen,
except
(inexplicably) a custom-made guitar.  Recouped with guitar effects, and
have
been doing it that way every since.