Re: Roland EV-5

>Does anyone know what value and type of potentiometer is in the Roland
>EV-5
>expression pedal? I do not have a picture of one, but I would also like to
>know if this pedal has a pre-connected cord (stereo? mono cable?) or if
>you
>have to supply your own.

I just measured mine.
It's preconnected cord has a TRS connector.  It's not
stereo but has the following connectivity as far as I can tell:

     Tip to one end of the potentiometer
     Ring to the other end of the potentiometer
     Sleeve to the Wiper of the potentiometer.

The potentiomenter seems to be about 8.8 Kohms (10K nominal I suppose).
With the pedal all the way forward, the sleeve and ring measure 0 ohms.
With the pedal all the way back, the tip and sleeve measure 0 ohms.

Hope this helps.
  ********** Floyd Miller
    ****** floyd@voicenet.com
      ** http://www.voicenet.com/~floyd