Re: Christine Bard

In a message dated 1/10/99 3:40:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
r_t_cummings@csi.com writes:

> Interesting comments concerning Christine Bard. I also play drums and
>  percussion with heavy use of loops, FX, contact mics (also on cymbals -
>  these sound great when down-pitched and/or delayed) etc. I saw her a few
>  years back here in Berlin with Marc Ribot where she was just beginning
>  to use looping and other effects. So she's doing solo gigs now? What did
>  it sound like - was it more textural-based looping or was she also doing
>  rhythm-sync'ed stuff?

What she was doing was definitely more textural based.  Not much going on
"groove wise".  I wasnt blown away by what she did, but the potential is
there.  She had a real piecemeal drum kit, with various pedals scattered
all
over it, and what looked like a small Mackie mixer.  Sorry, I didn't take a
good look at it up close.  I think she was getting her loops going via a
foot-
pedal type unit.  I am pretty sure she will be at Tonic again this
Thursday,
with Marc Ribot and violinist Eyvind Kang, but she might just be playing
acoustic drums.

-Jody