Re: What got ya to where you are...

Mcleods,
My begining with looping started with trying to get a Andy Summers
type tone using a digital delay.  I fell in love with," I Advance
Masked," and have never recovered.  Permagrin(My Band) was once a nine
piece mini-orchestra in the tradition of George Russell(My teacher),
Gill Evans et all.  After I nearly went broke and insane I got a
jamman and paired it down to treated guitar and percussion.  Things
got way better fast, but it took Louis and I a long time to find out
how to make music that made sense in this format.  We've finally found
a small but devoted following in New Orleans, a city that is VERY
hostile to new sounds.  In addition to the jamman, I also use a
digitech 2101, a GR1 and a korg digital delay, and occasionally a
boomerang.

Dan Sumner
P.S. thanx for finally changing the subject